Saturday, January 17, 2015

Many Thanks To All!

Many Thanks...

I recently made this image to demonstrate basic techniques in floral scanning as part of my presentation to the Garden Club of New Canaan, CT.

There are not enough words to express my gratitude for the warm reception and hospitality extended to me by all of the garden clubs that have welcomed me as their guest.

My work is only possible through the generosity of so many gardeners and gardening organizations. The following list refers to the places and people I have mentioned with tremendous gratitude lately during my slide show/demonstrations.

(Clicking a highlighted word will take you to the relevant website in a new window.)

Ken Druse - Author, Speaker, Photographer - with whom I collaborated on the gardening book, "Natural Companions"
Trout Lily Farm - Flower and Edibles "Micro Farm" in North Guilford, CT, specializing in Michael Russo's floral design for weddings, using locally sourced, sustainably grown flowers.
Debra Prinzing - Champion of American Grown Flowers and "Slow Flowers"
Sandi Blaze of Pixie Perennials, Wilton, CT - Several times during the growing season she opens her gardens for visitors (or by appointment) to stroll, purchase her plants and artful gifts offered by her creative friends in her pop up barn "Boutique."
Rocky Hills - Henriette Suhr, Mt. Kisco, NY - A gorgeous property, open for visiting one day in May every year, hosted by the Garden Conservancy.
Wave Hill - Great Public Garden and Visitor Center, Bronx, NY
Tower Hill Botanic Garden, Boylston, MA  - I can proudly say that I was their first "Artist in Residence." 
Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum, Bristol, RI - Wonderful Staff, Beautiful Place.
The Heritage Rose Garden at Elizabeth Park, Hartford, CT - Old, fragrant roses, best viewed at the end of May, early June
Chanticleer - A Pleasure Garden, Wayne, NJ - a truly enchanting place

A few other assorted mentionables:

I have been using an older Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner for demonstrations. Apparently no longer available, the current, similar model (the V600) which includes Photoshop Elements software is available refurbished at the Epson Store Clearance Center for $145. (free shipping) 

In answer to the question, "Where else can we find your scarves?" They are available for purchase at the "Store" section of my website, along with my prints and book. Notecards may be ordered via email for $20. plus tax and shipping.  Please mention up to 2 different images from the "Folio" section of my website per package of 6 cards. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts about my post here. Thanks, Ellen